Oh What a Day!
It is my 2-week birthday! (Well, yesterday was, but my network was down and dad couldn't fix it.) Can you believe that only 14 days ago I was brought from my mom into this world? That day was amazing. The first thing I saw, after the hospital bed, was my mom's tired yet excited face. (For those who haven't seen my mom, she is beautiful inside and out and made for a wonderful first impression of the world.) Then, after they weighed me (7lbs 6oz) they measured me (20 inches) and cleaned me up. I was then shuttled off to my second favorite person, my daddy! He and I had about an hour to bond. It was great spending that time with both my mom and dad. My eyes were wide open taking it all in.

That was two weeks ago. Now, I am starting to feel pretty comfortable with my parents, this nursing thing, my new digs in Boston, and sleeping whenever I wish. Since I have mastered so much, my parents and I set out to have a few firsts yesterday. It was the first time my mom took me in my Baby Bjorn when we went to the doctor. It was also my first trip on the Boston subway (the "T"). We took the T to Massachusetts General Hospital where I saw Dr. Mizner again. My goal going into the appointment was to get back to my birth weight and to grow a little in height. (I had lost a few ounces in the transition from the umbilical cord to nursing.)
So, what kind of stats did I post? For weight I came in at a healthy 8lbs 6oz. (For those of you counting, that is 20 ounces in 9 days. Mommy and I make a good team!) For height I came in at 21 1/2 inches. Again, healthy growth over a 9 day period.
Here you can see Dr. Mizner trying to choke me to death!Some other fun firsts are that I peed and then pooped on my mom both in the same day and it was the first day my dad was back at work for a full day. (That is if you don't count dad's going to my doctor appointment.) Today I also got rid of my first booger. That's right, the sucker was the size of a small almond! All these firsts keep life nice and interesting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home