Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Long Week Full of Exciting News

It has been quite a week. It started with my daddy leaving for a business trip. He was gone most of the week so my mommy and I shipped up for Nana's house in Andover. There, I got to have my first sleep-over! Was it ever a good time. My Nana's house is so big and she has some really neat toys for me. I was playing with this activity mat that had toys hanging down from it. They were just out of reach with my hands. So, I took another approach to my ultimate goal. Leaning back a bit, I could thrust my legs in the air to make contact with the little toys hanging above me. With my legs kicking, I was able to move those little guys around. Fun time for me, but even more fun for mommy and Nana. They were really taken aback!

Then, as the weekdays came to an end I knew my daddy would be soon to re-emrge from his sojourn out to the west coast. Sure enough, early on Saturday morning he came back. He arrived at Nana's house and from there we went straight up to Maine. This is where the fun would really begin.

I have seen most everyone in my family except for those who live in Maine and those on my Dad's side that haven't been able to come to Boston yet. So this trip to Maine was a nice opportunity to meet even more of my relatives. Why now, why so early? Well, it is a surprise. I was so excited to see the reaction of my Great-Grammie when we showed up, along with another 80+ friends of hers. We pulled up to the Elks Lodge and made our grand entrance. (We were a bit late and missed the big surprise, but were in time to offer our own little surprise.)

My dad carried me into the Lodge and directly placed me in Grammie's arms. Oh, how comfortable they are. Almost immediately after being placed in her arms Grammie and mommy started crying. My dad says their are good tears and bad tears and these were good tears. (I'm still working on my ability to cry good tears.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home