My Lifeline Is Gone

It was a tough morning for me today. You see, my life for the past 9 months (save the last two weeks) has been tied to this cord that stretched from my belly to my mom. When I was delivered back in January, I was freaking out when I saw scissors taken to my umbilical cord separating me for good. So, you can understand the sentimentality I have had towards this little brown stump that has been on my belly ever since. It represented my wonderful 9 months inside mommy. It also represented that I now have to take an active role in sustaining myself. (By the way, I have found crying a good way to get mom to help me in this regard.)
Well, this morning at about 6:30 AM EST, that little dark stump fell off and in its place was a rosy belly button. It was difficult to loose the one lasting reminder of my time in the womb, but it also signified my independence. So now when I look down at my belly I don’t look back on my dark past, but rather towards my rosy future.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home