Weeks, They Fly By
Easter: I was able to spend Easter weekend with my parents up at Nana’s house. Sunday morning we went to church and enjoyed wonderful music. When Pastor Jack Daniels (yes, that isn’t a typo) gave his message I spiced it up for Uncle Adoo by dropping a audible load in my
shorts. Uncle Adoo and mommy couldn’t stop laughing. I never new I could have such an effect! After the church service my dad and mom showed me off to the many friends that Nana has there. It sure is tough being the star of the show. (No, Jesus was the real star of the show, but I couldn’t help but get a big head!)Monday: Another day with Nana over. I understand from mom and dad that in a week Nana will be taking care of me solo. We’ll have a lot of fun together, but I sure will miss mommy. It was tough having Dad leave months ago when he had to go back to work. Now, mom is leaving me too.

Tuesday: My parents had guests over again today. They had their friends come over again. Seems like they all come over once a week to sit around a table and talk. Sometimes when these guest visit I act up and force my mom or dad to spend more attention to me than their guests. I’m testing them to see if I am still a priority. Indeed I am. I hope that never changes.
Wednesday: I feel like I am in boot camp. Dad tells me that I need to become willing to eat from a baby bottle. I’m starving, had a tough few hours, and then I don’t get the relaxing comfort of eating with mom? What is this! Getting ready for a day full of getting fed from a bottle is tough. I can only imagine what it will be like when mom goes back to work. I’m sure Nana and I will get by, but it won’t be pretty.
Thursday: After work on Thursday, mom and dad went out to eat and they took me along.
This was the third time this week that they took me out for dinner with them this week! That is a record. What is it that they say, “third time is a charm!” Well, it proved right for my parents. They were able to go to one of their favorite restaurants and I slept from the moment they walked in the door to when they left. I was so tired! My dad praised me the whole way home. I think it was more that he was excited to have his favorite desert than being proud of me!Friday: A new kind of Friday for me. My dad was home spending the time taking care of me. This will be the norm in the future from what I hear. We went on a walk and got some stuff that mommy needed. It is always fun walking around in the city, and walking during the week is the best. So many faces to look at and this week was particularly nice weather to enjoy. I can’t wait to spend more time with dad on Fridays. He says he’ll take me to the golf course with him. Mom knows that dad doesn’t have a clue how demanding I can be!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home