Thursday, June 22, 2006

Greetings from Grace-Land!


Sorry that it’s been a very long time since my last posting, but I’ve just been SO busy! So many new things, so little time to blog!

Let’s see, where to begin? Well, back in May I had my first plane flight! Mom and Dad took me to Chicago for Memorial Day weekend and I got to meet my Aunt & Uncle Virden and my Aunt and Uncle Slotemaker, as well as my three cousins: Stella, Ellie and Charlie. It was great! It was tight quarters on the plane, but I was pretty content in Mom and Dad’s lap as long as I was fed. I tried to sleep on the flight home but we had a chatty pilot who kept squawking over the intercom – what can you do? We had a great time in Chicago – what a city. And my cousins are awesome! I just watched them run around all weekend. One day my cousin, Ellie, was jumping on the bed and I just started to crack up laughing. It was the first time my Mom heard me laugh and she must have liked it because she kept telling Ellie to keep jumping. We took lots of walks through the city and I got lots of attention, which is always good. There was so much to see and do that I was on my best behavior all weekend – I don’t think I cried hardly at all. Mom and Dad were loving me!

Besides taking my first flight and laughing for the first time, I can also sit on my own now and I’ve been sleeping through the night for the past week. Mom and Dad are really over the moon about the sleeping thing. They better stop being so excited about it or I’m going to take it personally that they don’t want to be with me at night. I go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00pm and wake up at 6:30 or 7am. I feel like a million bucks in the morning and I’m ready to play play play!

It’s great to be able to sit unassisted now because I can play WITH Mom and Dad, instead of them always having to hold me while I play. Lately, Mom stacks blocks up and I get to knock them down. That’s pretty fun. I also really like this peek-a-boo game they play with me. They really get into it, too, which makes it even more entertaining. I can also pick up objects and pass them between hands so I'm really into touching and grabbing everything, especially Mom's hair.

I also found my feet and my favorite thing to do with those is put them in my mouth – especially when I’m being changed. There’s not much else to do on that changing table anyway.

Each day I play in my exersaucer for a little bit and that thing is the bomb! I can stand up by myself and there are so many things to play with at my fingertips. Nice and convenient. Now if I could just find a way to rip the toys off that thing and put them in my mouth.

Well, there you have it – last month in a nutshell. Next update will be sooner than later. Until then, hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home