Friday, September 22, 2006

The Dawn of my First Summer

Summer is over and I finally found some time to write – so you can get off my case, now! Just kidding, I know I’ve been delinquent but I’ve been up to quite a bit over the summer. I discovered a whole bunch of new foods, got together with a bunch of friends, discovered how fun water is, flew across the country to the west coast, got a new tooth, learned how to sit up by myself and crawl (well, backwards, at least!).

So here are two pictures of me soon after my last entry – between 6 and 7 months old. See how little I look in my crib? That pool was the bomb, by the way. Thanks, Nana!

Look at me now!! Did I grow or what?! I can stand all by myself now when I have a railing or coffee table to hold onto. I test my balance every now and again by letting one hand go. That works out but when I try both hands, I go booms (that’s what mom calls it). Someday I hope to be able to say “look mom, no hands!”

I eat lots of different fruits, veggies and cereal now. But my latest favorite is feeding myself finger foods! I get so pumped when mom and dad bring out the fruit puffs or rice cakes. At first I had trouble picking up these little morsels but I got my index finger working pretty well now so it’s less of a chore. Mom says that soon she’s going to give me something called “cheese” – not sure about that one, we’ll see. I eat all my veggies, like a big girl, except peas. I can’t pass those things very easily – they’re like a gall stone for crying out loud! Not to mention, they give me ridiculous diaper rash. So I asked mom if we could lay off those for a bit and move onto green beans. I still like my orange veggies best.

When I get together with my friends we have some great tug-of-war over the best toys. Although, I still like what everyone else has the best. And to be honest, non-toys are spectacular. For example, I’d take a phone, remote control or golf ball any day over a plush, colorful rattle. If my parents like it, then I’m sure I will, too.

One day, mom took me to a fountain and I’ve been in love with water ever since. I mean, I’ve always liked the bath but falling water is the best! It could be running from the bathroom faucet – as long as it’s falling/running. I keep trying to grab some so I can play with it a little while, but I haven’t mastered that yet. Someday.

So yes, I’m 8 months old now and I’ve been in 8 U.S states – pretty neat, huh? What states, you say? MA (hometown), NH, ME, RI, TX, OR, WA, and IL! We took a long flight out to OR to see my Grandma and Grandpa Slotemaker, my aunts and uncles and my cousins. It was great to see them all. Mom was pretty worried that I’d be a little demon on the plane but I was a total angel. The people on the planes (we had a layover) were nervous when I sat down next to them, but at the end of the flight they were just loving me. I made a bunch of new friends. When we arrived I was pretty overwhelmed with all the people and kids, but after I had a chance to absorb the zoo, I was having the time of my life. I can’t wait to run around with my older cousins. I know they’re going to teach me a trick or two. Here’s Dad and me at the International Kite Festival in Long Beach, Washington. Here’s another picture of me and some of my cousins.

If you want to see some more pictures from the last two months, go ahead and click here!

Well, that’s about all for now. Coming attractions: my baptism and Halloween costume debut!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home