Thursday, November 16, 2006

Fall On Me...

I'm back! There is a lot to catch you up on since we last chatted. I have done a lot, grown a lot, and learned a lot.

I know even before writing this that you all will think that you have done more than me in the last few months. But let me remind you. I am less than 10 months old…it is hard to get around and accomplish things when you have to rely on the ol' Ball & Chain (parents) to get anything done. Excuses, however, are not yet part of my vocabulary, so I’ll stop right there.

Since we talked last I was baptized. It was great! Grandparents from both sides were in attendance plus some of the ol’ Ball & Chain’s friends came out. It was an entertaining day. First, I got to watch my parents run around like chickens without the heads. (I love being a kid; there is no need to stress. Quite the opposite, I just relax and enjoy the show my parents put on.) Then, my mom got me all dressed up for what I was starting to realize was a pretty big day. To church we went. I was brought up front by my parents and was held in the same spot where my parents hitched it up four years ago. Then, my dad gave a short little speech while mom walked me around so I could see everyone….or were they checking me out?

When the pastor, Toni Kim, performed the baptism ceremony, she doused me in water. I love playing with water! So, I crossed my little legs (the congregation loved that) and did all I could to get my whole head and hands into the water…but mom overpowered me and kept me from too much fun.

After the baptism and church service, my parents had a nice little get together for family and friends. I was flattered that so many of them showed up. Also, there is a wonderful little slideshow that my mom's friend, Kelly, put togther. Click here to view it and turn the volume up http://www.kellysullivanphotography.com/Grace

Just over a week after my baptism was another unique event…Halloween. Sophia Comiso and me through a little get together for friends at Sophie’s place in Beacon Hill. You see, Beacon Hill has a tradition of opening up their houses to kids for some wonderfully entertaining trick-or-treating. (I know what you are thinking, “Quite a transition from a baptism one week and celebrating the occult the next.” Believe me, I have nothing to do with the occult nor does my family or Sophia’s. We were completely on the up n’ up J. It even got the approval of Toni Kim, the pastor that baptized me.)

For this party, Sophia was a red hot chili and her parents were Tabasco sauce. I dressed up as a ladybug while our other friend, Sam, dressed up as a lion. Sophia’s mom decked out their place in Beacon Hill with the all the right details. I look forward to catching up with Sophia and Sam as we grow old together.

Speaking of growing, check how I have grown. Since the last time I tied in this blog, I was pushing myself back, but wasn’t quite there yet when it came to crawling forward. Well, that has all changed. As of now, I am very close to being an independent woman living in the city. I am able to cruise on all fours. At any given moment you may find me crawling from one corner of the condo to another. From the living room, making one stop at the mirror to check myself out, then through the dinning room. Turning right, I zip down the hall to the kitchen and open a drawer and cabinet door before entering my bedroom. Thee you may find me reading a book, standing next to the bed, opening my dresser, or playing with my toys. To think, two short months ago I was held captive wherever my parents set me down.

For you careful readers, you’ll have already deduced one of the accomplishments I have made. I am now able to pull myself into standing position. Ever since I started doing this I just can’t stop. Placing nearly any vertical object in my way and I’ll stop, pull myself to standing position, bask in my accomplishment while checking out the scene from the vantage point. I have used an ottoman, coffee table, bookshelf, couch, chair, wall, and mirror. Like I said, nearly any vertical object.

More recently I have been entertaining pulling my hands free of these objects to test my balance. On occasion, my parents will stand me up in the middle of the room and encourage me to stand without any assistance. I have managed for about 5 seconds, but then I crumple to the ground. This seems to really excite my parents as they clap and cheer me on. Don’t they know that their job will get more grueling as soon as I am able to roam on two feet?

Finally, I wanted to also quickly share a couple things that I have learned. They were taught to me by my two grandma’s. When Grandma Slotemaker was in town for my baptism she taught me something that was pretty cool. When people ask me how big I am, I can’t say anything because not many real words come out of my mouth yet. So, she taught me to raise both of my arms up like they do when someone scores a touchdown. So, come on over and play at my house and ask me how big I am. You’ll like what I can show you.

The other way I can show-off is to do something Nana Bomberger taught me. Now whenever someone says, “high five” I know to slap their hand with mine. When my dad returned from work and mom asked him to give me five he was so excited. I can’t wait to have my grandparents teach me even more cool things as I grow up!

If you want to see some more pictures from the last two months, go ahead and click here!

I hope this has caught you up with some of what has been taking up my time. If you want, click here to see some more pictures from the last couple months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home