Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Grace in Springtime


I'm Back! And, I have been busy. My parents decided to up and change things on me, just to keep things new. Less than 12 months into my life and I have to get used to the left coast. We moved to Portland, Oregon, from Boston at the beginning of the year. My dad got a job he likes and now my mom can stay home every day with me!

So, what have I been doing all these days, weeks, and months? Here is a little run-down.

My Nana came an visited only two weeks after we moved out here. She wanted to be here for my 1 year birthday! It was so great to have her here and of course, she came loaded with kisses, hugs, and gifts. For my birthday she got me a whole bunch of balloons...some of which I am still playing with months later! I am so excited for Nana to come back out to see me once my parents move into our house.

Whem Nana was here I was mastering the ability to go from a seated position to standing without any help from person or furniture. I was close to walking...but not quite there. Now, I am walking all over the place. I can't wait to start running! How do you all do it...whenever I try running I fall down. Why don't I ever see you all do that?

As you may recall, I got introduced to the piano at Nana's in Boston. Come to find out, my other grandma here in Portland also plays the piano. I like to play a lot...and prefer to play by myself, thank you. I also found the joys of opening and closing. I love to practice my abilities by opening and closing doors, caps, video cases, etc. Words are a big deal for me now, here are some that I am using frequently: bird, bread, milk, grandpa, grandma, nana, duck, dog, cat, car, squirrel, house, up, down, sleep, peas, tree, ball, flower, bus, walk, you get the idea. My vocabulary is coming along quite well. I also am learning some more signs like cracker, bath, sleep, hurts, banana, grandpa, fish, and some others.

In Portland we don't buy groceries online, we go to the store. I love riding in the shopping cart and seeing everyone pass me by. When riding I am able to spot items in the shelves such as milk. My parents are thankful that I am not begging for absolutely everything in the stores. Give me some time.

More recently, I have begun to enjoy the following:

  • Walking to get the mail,
  • Walking outside,
  • Telling my parents that I want to go "outside", "door", "shoes",
  • Trying to climb...although my parents keep me pretty grounded,
  • Sticking out my belly to get some cheap laughs,
  • Eating with a spoon...all by myself,
  • Taking baths. I love this! Love it!
  • Chasing cats and kittens...but they always run away from me,
  • Drinking cows milk,
  • Signing crackers and then going to the kitchen cabinet and grabbing a few for myself,
  • Pushing around a little stroller,
  • Arranging and organizing blocks...I am a good organizer just like mom and Nana!
  • Saying "hi" to anyone that passes by me,
  • Blowing kisses to people,
  • Giving kisses...with the pucker and the "smooch" sound and all!
Take a look at some more pictures here!

1 Comments:

Blogger nenaghgirl said...

yay! the return of gracie. I loved seeing what you all were up to and how gracie has grown! I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I enjoyed the update! ~nrg

March 28, 2007 at 7:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home