Monday, May 28, 2007

Springing Up Fast

I know this is past due, but a lot has changed in my world since my last entry. We moved into our new house for one. I love my room. I had no trouble transitioning to it, unlike our last move (yikes!). So Mom and Dad are pretty happy about that. Every time I wake up, I go to my window to check out the alpacas and horses. I love those alpacas and I like to say the word “alpaca”. Mom says it’s my best word. I have a room upstairs with all toys and I like to show them all to the neighbor kids and my cousins when they come over. Mom always tells me I’m showing off, but I’m really just showing the other kids how to use each toy. I have a new slide in there now, too, and I can’t get enough of that thing!

Another new thing is the how much I’m able to talk. I love this talking stuff. I still do my sign language sometimes but mostly I love to chat. I’m talking all the time – and singing! Mom taught me all kinds of songs and although I can’t seem to get my tongue around all the words I can usually belt out the last word of each verse. Sometimes Mom and Dad quiz me on songs like “ABC’s” to see if I’ll guess which letter comes next. I probably pass that test about 70% of the time, but please guys, that’s a LONG song, ya know? My favorite songs are “Ba Ba Black Sheep”, “ABC’s” and “Itsy Bitsy Spider”. I like doing the motions to itsy bitsy spider. And Mom says I’m like her because I love dancing. I especially like spinning around in the circle and getting really dizzy.

I’m also getting along on the numbers bit. I know 1-2-3 and 5 and 8. Slowly, I’m getting to the other numbers in between. I like to count the steps going upstairs.

Mom and Grandma got really stokked one day when I said my first sentence. I didn’t think it was a big deal but they went ballistic! So I say it all the time now: “I see water”. We were in the car and I spied a water fountain so I simply said what was on my mind (which I do all the time and they don’t seem to go crazy over it!) and said “I see water”. Anyway, it was pretty fun to see their reaction and I’m trying to string more and more words together as a result.

Since March, Papa Roll and Sara visited Portland. We had a great time and Papa Roll went crazy every time I said “Roll!”. Papa Roll waxed our new car so that I could ride in style. And Sara bought me a bunch of new, pretty clothes, which I needed because I’m growing fast!

Nana visited Portland in May for the big move into the new house. My Nana made our new house look awesome! She is great fun to play with and spoiled me rotten. She also took me to the zoo for the first time. I loved all the animals, especially the fish and the monkeys.

Mom had surgery for her hernia and is almost recovered. She hasn’t been able to pick me up since the end of April, per the doctor’s orders, so we’ve been having “picnics” on the floor to eat and all my diaper changes are also on the floor, which means I can roll away and run away anytime! And I get to be put down for my nap by Grandma. We like our naptime together.

I moved up a level at Gymboree class. I started at Level 3 and now I’m a Level 4! I LOVE Level 4 because we get to have ink stamps put on our feet, hands, and belly at the end of class. I love those stamps – they are like baby tattoos :)

My recent favorite things to do are climbing, taking care of my baby dolls and riding in the battery operated cars of the neighbor kids. One has a jeep and one has an escalade. The kids on our street are awesome!! And they watch over me. One family has a dog Mason that I love to hug and pet. He’s a big, friendly doggy.

Daddy loves his new job and we treated Mom right for Mother’s Day. I got Mom a Spa gift certificate and Dad got mom a baby seat for her bike so we can go riding together when she’s recovered from her surgery! So Mother’s day treated me right, too! I love when Daddy tickles me, throws me in the air and does “atomic drops” with me. He’s the best!

Hope everyone is doing well! Click here for more pictures!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sure miss you guys! You have one adorable little girl I must say. She has the most amazing eyes I have ever seen on a kid...lucky girl! Hope all is well with you two, we should catch up soon.

Love ya, miss ya,
Laurie and Sam

June 14, 2007 at 12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home