Sunday, September 09, 2007

Busy Bee

Hope everyone had a great summer - I sure did! I've been so busy going on weekend trips and having lots of visitors, but I'll try to keep this entry short. I know you all like the pictures the most anyway :)
In July we went on three weekend trips: one to Black Butte, one to Idaho and one to Bend. They were all back to back. Black Butte and Bend were 3 hour drives one way but Idaho was about 7 hours!!! Mom thought the drive would be horrible so on the way there, Mom and Dad woke me up at 3:00am to leave our house so that I would sleep most of the way. Well, I didn't sleep most of the way but I was on my best behavior and the drive wasn't so bad. I had lots of paper and crayons and a couple videos to watch. But more than the toys and videos I just talked the entire way to mom and dad!! I don't think they minded....too much :) In Idaho we got to see Dad's friend Jim, his wife Alice and daughter, Kiera. Kiera is only 2 month older than me and we were instant friends. We did lots of playing in the pool, eating and running around the hotel while Dad golfed with Kiera's Dad.
Nana came out to visit, too, this summer and we had a blast. We took her to Multnomah Falls - a famous waterfall in Portland. Nana also took me to the zoo for the first time. I loved it! I liked the monkeys, bears and elephants the best. Since then, mom and I have been back to the zoo several times and I love it every time.
This summer we hit lots of pools, fountains and playgrounds. We also went downtown to see Dad for lunch. I love the city. There's lots to see and a guy on the street made me a flower out of a balloon. He was a little sketchy but he balloon was awesome! :) I like going to Dad's office and saying hi to everybody. And when we leave the parking garage, I always give the nice lady our ticket and she says thank you :)
I'm getting good at saying "please" and "thank you" without mom's prompting. Sometimes I say "your welcome" to myself as well.

I'm working on training Mom and Dad to let me do things by myself. I feel like I say "myself" to them a million times a day. Oh well, they are first time parents so I'm patient with them. They just can't let go. Don't they know I'm a big girl now? Some of the things I prefer to do myself is put my shoes on, read books, eat my food with a spoon and fork, drink from a regular cup, swim in the pool (with swimmies on, of course), shop, blow bubbles, climb stairs or ladders, strap myself in my highchair or carseat, brush my teeth, wash my hands, and take apart or put together most anything.
I finally get the concept of colors, numbers and letters, even though I don't know them all yet. I know the color orange and sometimes pink and purple. And for letters, I know the letters "F" and "K". I love to spell my name and other people's names, too. I can't wait until I can read!

Oh and one of my biggest thrills is that Mom is finally letting me have some good food - sweets! I've discovered a love of ice cream, cupcakes and donuts. Today, after church, we went to Krispy Kreme - Dad's favorite. Mom enjoys giving me these treats every now and again because I'm nice and quiet for about 20 minutes while I eat. That's my lure to get her to give me more sweets! Mom says I have the Plummer sweet tooth - whatever that is!

We finally got our yard landscaped so we have grass and I LOVE it! It's nice and soft and I play on it everyday. We've had lots of family and friends over to enjoy it, too. Over Labor Day weekend Dad did a big smoke for all the neighbors. Everyone really loved his ribs, brisket and chicken.

Lastly, I got my first professional haircut this past week! We went to a fantastic place with lots of toys and videos, although I still wanted to stop the haircut about 2 minutes in. Who can sit still when there are so many awesome toys to play with! Mom said we needed to do it before our big trip to Boston. We're headed out there on a big airplane on September 19th and we all can't wait!

To see more pictures of my summer click here ---> http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=o8wftuh.9n0n3amp&x=0&y=9ptff3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home