Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Big Two!

What a great last couple of months! Thanksgiving, Christmas and my Birthday! I am officially 2 years old now and telling everyone. I never want my birthday to end. Presents, cupcakes? Please!!! Bring it on!! I got lots of great things for my birthday including band-aids, letter puzzles, crock shoes, stickers and an electric toothbrush - just to name a few. I had two birthday parties (how lucky am I?): one with my friends and one with my family. My friends and I went to Pump It Up first and jumped to our hearts content. Then we came back to our house for lunch and cupcakes. I got to celebrate my birthday with my friend, Joey, who turned 2 yrs old one day later than me, so we had a double party. It was Winnie the Pooh themed - a favorite of both Joey and I - and we had lots of fun. The next day we had a family brunch party. Mom and Dad made belgium waffles, eggs and bacon and we had ice cream for dessert (with sprinkles, I might add - which I ask for daily now). At both of my parties I successfully blew out two candles, one pink and one white. I'm very proud of that and reminisce about it often.



But backing up to November, we had a great visit from Will and Shayna and their daughter Miriam. Miriam sure is cute and she knows Spanish and English!! Wow - very cool. Then Uncle Tim and Zoe came to visit us for Thanksgiving. Zoe and I played alot and I loved having her sleep over my house. She is so fun and I want to be just like her!! We played at the playground and she taught me how to play her hand held video games (which I didn't really like giving back to her). Then it was time to get ready for Christmas!!
This Christmas I learned alot more than last Christmas. First of all, I'm learning alot more about Jesus because we finally found a church that we really like called Sunset Church! I really love playing in the nursery there. We get to play, have a snack and make a picture each Sunday. But my favorite part about church is going to Krispy Kreme after church. I get my very own doughnut and don't even ask me for a bite, you can get your own! :) I'm also learning more about Jesus through a program called Coffeebreak at my grandma's church every Tuesday morning. My grandma and my aunt Myrna teach it while mommy is doing a bible study with other mommies. We learn songs and bible stories and we get to make a neat craft each week. In fact, we had a Christmas concert in December and I sang "Away in a Manger" (along with hand motions) with all the other Coffeebreak kids on the church stage for all the mommies. It was awesome. Mom says I gave a great performance. I wasn't even nervous! :)
So what do you think of this Santa character? I have to say that I think he's a little creepy. Mom says he's nice so maybe I'll give it another try next year. I much preferred watching Daddy cut down our own Christmas tree, Griswald style. Then I got to help decorate it at home. It was good fun, mostly because I was allowed to stand up on a chair to do it!

Just before Christmas we went to the Portland Zoo to see "Zoolights". For the month of December the Zoo puts up thousands of lights and you can walk around the zoo and see them all. Some are shaped like animals and some are just on everything you see like the fences and the trees. They have horn bands playing and the choo choo train that goes around the zoo is also all lit up. We had a great time. I loved the horn band and the alligator lights!

Finally, Uncle Adoo and Nana arrived for Christmas. That was a blast!! I love having people sleep over and seeing them when I wake up in the morning. And I love my Uncle Adoo and Nana. We had a really fun visit and I loved Christmas day! Unwrapping presents was fun and then it got a little tiring. I just wanted to play with the presents I opened and everyone kept pushing more on me!! So, I just took my time and unwrapped my last present around lunchtime the next day. Why not make the holiday longer, I say.

Lastly, Mom always thinks I should share new developments. I really like to memorize short books now and read them myself. Rhyming ones are my favorite. Grandma says I do alot of deductive reasoning - whatever that is! I talk constantly and mom says I'm the most wiggly girl in the world. I like to jump on beds...or anywhere for that matter. Sometimes I jump from point A to point B instead of walk. Just walking is boring. I told Mom that I want to be a teacher someday. I'm also getting bossy. I like to tell people how the world works. I can also put on my pants and shoes all by myself. Yup, I'm getting to be a big girl and I'm always talking about the things I will do "someday when I get older".




To see more pictures from the last few months, click here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=o8wftuh.c9ogxf79&x=0&h=1&y=hkd8l8

Hope everyone's having a great new year and hope to see you all in 2008!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie, Sam and Cohen said...

Ok so I am addicted to the blog so I see pics as soon as they go up, however Sam has not seen them and I must tell you that when he saw the Christmas card he couldn't stop saying how cute she was! You guys have one great little gal! Very fun to keep up on life via the blog...we'll have to catch up real life this year as well!

January 24, 2008 at 7:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home